Join our Playing Sessions!
The Portland Recorder Society gathers for large ensemble playing sessions the third Friday of each month at 7:30 pm, September through May. Each session is led by a professional conductor with music provided. All playing levels are welcomed and all sizes of recorders from contrabass to sopranino are needed. Other “recorder-friendly” instruments such as viol da gambas and soft reeds are welcomed.
Please bring instruments, pencil, music stand, and a battery powered stand light, if you have one.
Sessions are held at McMenamin’s Kennedy School Community Room located at 5736 NE 33rd. Ave., Portland, Oregon. As of January 23rd, 2015, the venue will be TaborSpace, inside the Mt.Tabor Presbyterian Church at 5441 SE Belmont St. Portland, Oregon. The time is also changed to 7pm.
Please note that parking at the Kennedy School is limited and can be very busy. You are encouraged to arrive early and park in the surrounding neighborhood. The area across 33rd Ave. to the west has ample on-street parking. Please carpool when possible.
Portland Recorder Society Playing Sessions: 2014-2015 Season
- September 12th, 2014 **NOT a third Friday**
- October 17th, 2014
- November 21st, 2014
- December 19th, 2014
- January 23rd, 2015 **NOT a third Friday**, new venue, TaborSpace, new time, 7pm!
- February 20th, 2015, TaborSpace 7pm
- March 13-16th, 2015 Columbia Gorge Early Music Retreat
- March 20th, 2015, TaborSpace, 7pm
- April 17th, 2015, TaborSpace, 7pm
- May 15th, 2015 Member’s Night, TaborSpace, 7pm