The Portland Recorder Society Board maintains the following activities:
• Monthly playing sessions, September to May for the membership and visitors.
• Production and management of the Columbia Gorge Early Music Retreat (CGEMR), held annually, including a scholarship fund for two tuition scholarships and one intern per year.
• Support of the Recorder Orchestra of Oregon (ROO).
• Distribution of a newsletter to members and related organizations to promote meetings, performances and valuable information related to recorders and local activities.
• Presentation of a website to promote our services, solicit memberships and donations, and provide useful information to members. It also uses technology to assist in registering members, donors, CGEMR attendees, occasional surveys and other such benefits.
• Support of recorder-oriented activities in Portland, such as performances, school presentations, and workshops.
• Maintenance of registration to sustain 501(c)3 standing with the federal government and state of Oregon and maintenance of standard financial and archival records.