The Portland Recorder Society Board maintains the following activities:
• Monthly playing sessions, September to May for the membership and visitors.
• Production and management of the Columbia Gorge Early Music Retreat (CGEMR), held annually, including a scholarship fund for two tuition scholarships and one intern per year.
• Support of the Recorder Orchestra of Oregon (ROO).
• Distribution of a newsletter to members and related organizations to promote meetings, performances and valuable information related to recorders and local activities.
• Presentation of a website to promote our services, solicit memberships and donations, and provide useful information to members.
• Use of updated technology to assist in registering members, donors, CGEMR attendees, occasional surveys and other such benefits.
• Support of recorder-oriented activities in Portland, such as performances, school presentations, and workshops.
• Maintenance of registration to sustain 501(c)3 standing with the federal government and state of Oregon and maintenance of standard financial and archival records.